Know why this woman farmer of Maharashtra was given title of ‘Lady Plant Doctor’
Agri Input Supply Center started for the farmers of the area
Just as the doctor examines and analyzes the cause and solution of the child’s lack of proper development, similar is being done by Kavita Praveen Jadhav, a resident of Ahmed Nagar district of Maharashtra. She is called by the people of her area as ‘Lady Plant Doctor’ i.e. Doctor of Plants. Which traces the soil to the plants and tells the right solution to the farmers. Apart from this, they provide agricultural commodities to the farmers at very low cost. Many women farmers of the area are associated with her. Who is Kavita and how did she become Lady Plant Doctor? Come on, let’s know.
Who is Kavita?
Kavita had a love for agriculture from the very beginning. That’s why she took her graduation degree in Agriculture from Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri. She wanted to work directly with farmers during her undergraduate course. After the sudden death of her father, she took over the responsibility of the family and established his own Agri-Input Supply Centre.
Through her Agri Input Supply Center, she is providing the following services to the farmers:
- Providing agricultural goods to farmers
- Library service for farmers, in which monthly bulletin is brought out for information related to agriculture in local language. Its price is Rs 50.
- Collect water and foliar samples from farmers and send them to agricultural universities for analysis and advise them on the basis of lab reports.
- Mobile Soil Testing Kit i.e. Soil Testing for immediate advice by visiting the field. By testing soil and water, farmers get information about the use of right manure, so that they can get a good crop.
- Established several self-help groups and farmers’ clubs, which provide training to farmers.
- Recently she has set up another unit of Krishi Seva Kendra and is providing employment to two people on regular basis. She also gives necessary suggestions to the entrepreneurs related to the maintenance, management and marketing of agricultural inputs.
View from training
She was encouraged by the Krishi Clinic and Agriculture Business Center Scheme (AC&ABC) and took training from Krishi Vigyan Kendra Bableshwar. After taking training, she started her own unit in 2005.
Millions of business
Today Kavita is a successful woman agricultural entrepreneur, who is providing her services to 450 farmers. Many small entrepreneurs, women farmers and farmers’ groups want to join the Agri Mall that Kavita has set up through her Agri Input Supply Centre. Her annual turnover is 40 lakh rupees. Further, she aims to open training schools for farmers with soil and water testing in her own Agri Input Supply Center.
Contact us: If farmers want to share information or experiences related to farming with us, then they can do this by calling us on the phone number 9599273766 or by writing an email to [email protected] or by sending your recording. Through Kisan of India, we will convey your message to the people, because we believe that if the farmers are advanced then the country is happy.
- Sharmila Oswal started business with farmers who are cultivating coarse grains
- Green manure is ‘Sanjeevani Booti’ for farming, know from agricultural scientist Dr. Bhupendra Singh how production will increase at low cost
You can connect with Kisan of India on Facebook, Twitter, Koo App, Instagram, and Whatsapp and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.