Have you ever eaten or cultivated red cabbage? We all know about green cabbage and use it as well, but red cabbage is more commonly seen in big cities in the form of salad at weddings and other occasions. Today we will tell you about red cabbage, from which you can earn well.
Red Cabbage Benefits
Talking about the benefits of red cabbage, it is effective in preventing fatal diseases like cancer, malnutrition and brain diseases. It is rich in Vitamin-C, A, E, K, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Magnesium, Potassium, and Fiber.
Soil and Temperature for Red Cabbage Cultivation
Light loamy soil is most suitable for its cultivation. Red cabbage can also be cultivated in clay soil. If pH of the soil is between 6.0 to 7.0 then good yield can be obtained. Mild winter is considered good for the cultivation of cabbage. For this, the temperature should be between 20 to 30 degrees. Its upper part does not develop well in high temperature.
How and when to cultivate red cabbage?
- Sowing can be done between September to mid November or mid January to February.
- The soil should be plowed 3 to 4 times before cultivation. When the soil becomes friable, maintain the moisture.
- Plow the field at an interval of 8 to 10 days so that the residues of the first crops, weeds and insects are completely destroyed in the field.
- Add 10-12 tonnes of well decomposed cow dung per hectare at the time of plowing the field. Along with this, 60 kg Nitrogen, 40 kg Phosphorous and 40 kg Potash can be given per hectare.
- After this make beds by giving equal spacing. There should be a gap of 30 to 35 cm between its plants.
- Light irrigation should be done after transplanting, due to which moisture remains in the soil. After this, irrigation should be done at an interval of 12 to 15 days as per requirement.
- 400-500 grams per hectare seed is used for its cultivation. Its plant gets ready in 20 to 25 days.
- Harvest only when fully developed, because it remains small and less in size when harvested earlier.
Improved Varieties of Red Cabbage
There are two improved varieties of red cabbage. The Red-Rack variety weighs around 50 to 300 grams. Another variety Red Drum Head is large in size, deep red inside and solid. Its total weight varies between 500 grams to 1.5 kg.
Pests and prevention in Red Cabbage
Red Cabbage is badly damaged by Caterpillar and Aphid Insect. For its control, 1-2 percent solution of Monocrotophos and Metacid can be sprayed. In case of rot disease and spots on the leaves, spraying can be done by making a solution of 2 grams of Bavastein or Dithane, M-45 per liter of water. (Please take expert opinion before putting any medicine)
Good demand and price in the market
Talking about the yield of cabbage, 150 to 200 quintals per hectare is available. The price of green cabbage in the market is 800 to 1500 rupees per quintal. On the other hand, the price of red cabbage is available in the market from 3000 to 6000 rupees per quintal. Red cabbage is mostly sold in shopping malls, big stores, online markets and big vegetable markets.
Contact us: If farmers want to share information or experiences related to farming with us, then they can do this by calling us on the phone number 9599273766 or by writing an email to [email protected] or by sending your recording. Through Kisan of India, we will convey your message to the people, because we believe that if the farmers are advanced then the country is happy.