Lady Finger Varieties : 10 Improved Varieties Of Lady Finger, By Which Farmers Can Earn Lakhs
Good yield by planting improved varieties of lady's finger according to the soil and climate
Lady Finger is one such vegetable which is liked by everyone from children to the elderly. This vegetable, found in summer season, is rich in nutrients. It is rich in vitamins, fibre, antioxidants and minerals as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron. If okra is cultivated in the right soil at the right time, it can give good income to the farmers. What is the right time to plant along with improved varieties of okra? Come on, let’s know.
Bhindi is one such vegetable which is liked by everyone, from children to the elderly. This vegetable, found in summer season, is rich in nutrients. It is rich in vitamins, fibre, antioxidants and minerals as well as calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and iron. If okra is cultivated in the right soil at the right time, it can give good income to the farmers. What is the right time to plant along with improved varieties of okra? Let us know here.
Soil and Climate
Although Okra Farming can be done in any type of soil, but for this loamy soil whose pH value is 6 to 6.8 is considered most suitable. Apart from this, sandy loam and matiyar loam are also suitable for its cultivation. Hot climate is suitable for ladyfinger. Its cultivation is done in summer and rainy season, but in rainy season, care should be taken that water should not stagnate in the field i.e. proper drainage system should be there.
Right time of sowing
For the cultivation of lady’s finger in the summer season, sowing should be done between February to March. Whereas for its cultivation in monsoon, the time of June-July is considered suitable for sowing. This will give good yield. If cultivated properly, 115-125 quintals of okra can be produced per hectare.
Improved varieties of lady’s finger
- Pusa A-4 – This improved variety is resistant to yellow vein mosaic virus along with combating pests like aphid and jassid. The fruits of this variety are of medium size and slightly light in colour. It is also less sticky. This variety starts producing fruits from about 15 days after sowing.
- Parbhani Kranti – This variety of lady’s finger is capable of combating yellow-disease. The fruits start coming about 50 days after planting its seeds. The ladyfinger of this variety is dark green in color and 15-18 cm. It is long in size.
- Punjab-7 (Pujab-7) – This improved variety of lady’s finger is also anti-pity disease. This variety of lady’s finger is green in colour and medium in size and the fruits start coming about 55 days after sowing the seeds.
- Arka Abhay – This variety of lady’s finger is capable of defending itself against Yellow vein Mosaic Virus disease. Okra plants of this variety are 120-150 cm tall and straight.
- Arka Anamika – This variety is also capable of defending itself against Yellowwen mosaic virus disease. Plant length 120-150 cm. and has many branches. There are no weeping in the fruits of this type of lady’s finger and it is soft. This variety is suitable for both summer and rainy season.
- Varsha Upahar (Varsha Upahar) – Plants of this variety of okra, resistant to Yellow vein Mosaic Virus disease, are 90-120 cm tall and are intertwined. In this, 2-3 branches emerge from each node. Its leaves are dark green in colour and flower starts appearing after about 40 days of sowing in monsoon.
- Hisar Unnat – Plants of this type of lady’s finger, suitable for both monsoon and summer season are 90-120 cm.long and in this also the internodes are nearby and about 3-4 branches emerge from each node. This variety of lady’s finger is ready for harvesting in 46-47 days.
- VRO-6 (VRO-6) – This variety of lady’s finger is also called Kashi Pragati. This variety is resistant to yellow mosaic virus disease. Plants of this variety grow up to 175 cm in monsoon season. And in the summer season about 130 cm. It also has nearby internodes. Flowers emerge early in this variety. Flowers appear 38 days after sowing.
- Pusa Sawni – Suitable for summer and rainy season, the length of lady’s plant of this variety is about 100-200 cm. Its fruits are dark green in colour. Usually this variety is also not affected by yellow vein mosaic virus disease.
- Pusa Makhmali – Fruits of this variety of lady’s finger are light green in color, but this variety is not resistant to Yellow vein Mosaic Virus. This ladyfinger has 5 stripes and this is its specialty. Its fruits are 12 to 15 cm long.
If you also want to get good yield and income from the cultivation of lady’s finger, then cultivate the improved variety of lady’s finger.
Contact us: If farmers want to share information or experiences related to farming with us, then they can do this by calling us on the phone number 9599273766 or by writing an email to [email protected] or by sending your recording. Through Kisan of India, we will convey your message to the people, because we believe that if the farmers are advanced then the country is happy.