Potato Farming: How much yield will be available in which variety
Different types of soil for potato cultivation, whose pH Between 6 to 8, can be grown in such lands.
Potato Farming | Potato is such a crop that gives more production per unit area than other crops. Per hectare, income is also more from this crop. Potato contains 80-82 percent water, 14 percent starch, 2 percent sugar, 2 percent protein, and 1 percent mineral salts. Potatoes contain 0.1 percent fat and a small amount of vitamins.
In general, day temperature should be 25 to 30°C, and night temperature should be 4 to 15°C during crop period for good cultivation. Around 18-20 degree Celsius temperature is the most suitable during the formation of tubers in the crop. The growth of the crop is good if the temperature is slightly higher before the formation of the tuber, but when the temperature is more than 30 degree Celsius at the time of the formation of the tuber, the formation of the tuber stops.
Land and Land Management
Different types of soil for potato cultivation, whose pH is Between 6 to 8, can be grown in such lands. Along with this, sandy loam and loam soil with proper drainage is suitable. Before sowing, 3-4 plowing of the field should be done with a disc harrow or cultivator. Sowing of the early crop should be done from mid-September to the first week of October, the main crop should be sown after mid-October.
Latest and Improved varieties of Potato
- Kufri Chandra Mukhi – It gets ready in 80-90 days. Yields 200-250 quintals per hectare.
- Kufri Alankar – It gets ready in 70 days. Gives 200-250 quintals per hectare yield.
- Kufri Bahar 3792 E – This crop gets ready in 90-110 days.
- Kufri Navtal G 2524 – This crop gets ready in 75-85 days. Gives 200-250 quintals per hectare yield.
- Kufri Jyoti – It gets ready in 80-120 days. Gives 150-250 quintals per hectare yield.
- Kufri Sindoori – It gets ready in 120 to 140 days. Gives 300-400 quintals per hectare yield.
- Kufri Deva – This variety gets ready in 120-125 days. Gives 300-400 quintals per hectare yield.
- Kufri Lalima – This variety gets ready in 90-100 days.
When there is not enough moisture in the ground, it is necessary to do Pelwa. Seed-sized potato tubers are sown in furrows and covered with soil to make light rams. Weeding is necessary to eliminate weeds.
Irrigation is required in 7-10 days for proper growth and good yield of plants. If plowing has not been done before the sowing of potatoes, then it is necessary to do light irrigation within 2-3 days of sowing. Irrigation should be done when the soil moisture is reduced to 15-30 percent.
Contact us – If farmers want to share any valuable information or experiences related to farming, they can connect with us via phone or WhatsApp at 9599273766 or you can write to us at “[email protected]”. Through Kisan of India, we will convey your message to the people, because we believe that if the farmers are advanced then the country is happy.